Today’s volunteers are active, dynamic, creative individuals of all ages who possess the skills, desire, patience and time to accomplish a wide variety of tasks.
Volunteers assist in the operation of the SCO. The Board of Directors are volunteers and we all work together to keep the organization directed and well governed. There are a number of activities listed below. If you are available to dedicate time to any of these initiatives, please contact us.
Board of Directors
- Executive positions, Chair and Committee positions
- Provide governance and direction in a team environment
- Meetings bi-monthly throughout the year with occasional special meetings/committee meetings
- Set up of stage, hall, and lighting before, during, and after the performance.
- Administer survey at the last concert of the season
- Compile results into a report for the Board of Directors
Distribute Posters & Brochures
- Assist with delivery of posters and brochures within Sidney and surrounding areas
- Fold, stuff, lick and stamp!!!! – Letters, Brochures, Gala invitations, etc.
Lobby Set-up Prior to Concerts
- Set-up of sponsor displays, raffle, ticket table, etc.
- Administer or help at the concert reception.